Saturday, July 3, 2010

How to get into Tae Kwon Do tournaments ?


Honestly if your daughter has not learned to spar and is on her third grade of belt then I would take her out of the school and put in her a better school. Students should be trained in sparring before they ever test for their first belt...if not then you can safely bet that the school is not a good school. Sparring is the application of techniques in a controlled manner against an opponent that is sparring back at them.

As far as tournaments go...you just need to enroll your child but like I said if your child is not sparring then you are not ready for events, but by her rank she should be. You do not have to go through your school to compete in events. I began training in 1978 and my school was not a sport martial art school. I love to compete so I would go to any tournament I could find. I just made sure my Sensei as aware of it. If would have tried to stop me or limit me to what I could have gone to I would have switched schools...but fortunately I had a very good Sensei. By the way I sparred my first day of class and I was only 7 when I began training in 1978. Sparring was part of every single class.

No comments:

Post a Comment